View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012   #5
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texas Longhorns Football - 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
I think UT is trying to go the route of becoming an SEC style team:smothering Defense and prolific running game. I liked what I saw out of the D last year and I think the running game has a chance to be one of the best in the country. I think the D can certainly be top 5 if not top 10. The running game is potentially very dangerous and has 3 really good youngsters carrying the rock. This will be a return to the days of Ricki and Priest establishing the tone rather than Vince or Colt.

My prediction is the D and running game will propel the team to a top 10 finish. The team won 11+ games with Chris Simms as a QB: surely Ash and/or Case are not significantly worse than Simms.
I think you are right. Of course defense has always been key, but for most of Mack Brown's tenure, the passing game has been much more heavily featured than I think he really wanted. Now with the re-engineering of his coaching staff and the struggles the Horns are having at QB, now is the time to make it happen.

Of course he will only be able to stick with that approach as long as it works, as it is difficult to come back from behind solely by running the ball. The Horns will play 5 teams currently ranked in the top 25 this year and also Ole Miss. If they dominate with the run game and defense through 10 of 12 games, the Horns will finish again in the top 10.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote