View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012   #14
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The 2012 "Rate My Draft" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Why would you knowingly play the Vikings defense last year? Even without hindsight that's just a bad idea all around for last year. The idea behind match-ups is that you want to play a team that is going up against a terrible offensive team. The Broncos may have qualified for that at some points last year but the Colts/Browns/Jaguars/Bucs were all consistently terrible on offense and pumped up otherwise mediocre defenses to 20 point games for them.

If you could, I'd love to see what got taken in the 11th and 12th rounds of your draft. I'm absolutely sure there's a player on those lists that will have a shot at getting you a decent amount of points that could even be considered trade bait for people who are desperate. Picking a DST in a draft is for suckers.
This hasn't been my experience at all. In a 16 round draft, picks 9-16 are pretty much a crapshoot IMO. The way to build a roster that'll make it to the playoffs is to minimize risk.

I think there's a lot less risk involved in taking a proven DST. Otherwise you're stuck a bum WR3 or RB3 and pray that they get the ball. Since that hardly ever happens, then you have to pray even harder that the guy in front of them goes out for the season.

Not to mention I've yet to participate in a league where every owner doesn't draft for DST.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.

Last edited by Mr. White; 08-22-2012 at 12:03 AM.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote