View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012   #157
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kevin Walter can go sit on the bench..

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Jacoby used to be a pre-season warrior too.

Like Vinny said, Walter will slowly be phased out as long as the newbs continue to prove their worth throughout the season.

That said, I'm really diggin this K-Mart kid. He seems to have great hands and apparently has a similar personality to that of AJ. AJ's mini-me
See, I don't think he's a mini-AJ. OK, maybe in substance, but not in style.

I struggle to know how to describe K-Mart. I want to say Derrick Mason in his prime...but yet it's not a fully reasonable comparison, right?

K-Mart appears to be a lot like Steve Smith (Panthers) to me...the guy who catches or weaves through traffic and once he touches the ball his athleticism is too much for defenses to handle. Jacoby was supposed to be that, but ya' know...well, anyways...

AJ, to me, is that large-framed guy who has deceptive stride...he's past the defenders and leaping for grabs that only he can make (climbing the ladder or going into traffic) and K-Mart is a knifing, slashing kind of guy. He's not really a true slot receiver and yet he's not really a wide out either. He's sort of like a mixture of both. A hybrid slot/wide out who, if anything, represents the flexibility of a guy like Owen Daniels...you can't begin to find him AND cover all the routes that he can perform.