View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012   #8
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: The 2012 "Rate My Draft" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I just waiver wire defenses and go by match-ups unless I grab a defense that gets hot. Last year my "Pick up defenses playing against the Colts" strategy worked pretty damn well about 12 of the 16 weeks of the football season. That 11th rounder in my league could've been one of Robert Meachem, Justin Blackmon, Ben Roethlisberger, Santonio Holmes, all kinds of guys that could possibly be a nice sleeper.

There will still be defenses and special teams units that will probably put up 140 - 160 points this year that did not get drafted.
None of those guys were available at that point. Some of the sleeper QBs i wanted were gone although i still got Fitz in the 13th i believe. Seemed like the best option. A good defense won't win you many games in fantasy, but a bad one can certainly lose it for you. Playing matchups is no guarantee. I played the Vikings D last year against the Broncos and Tebow last year and got a nice -3 and a loss.