View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012   #24
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are we already missing Joel Dreesen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
Dreesen's blocking is better than OD in my opinion. OD in space is just god awful to watch too, especially when Kubes plays that little bubble screen to him. Watching OD try to navigate in space gives me heartburn. He's just not a YAC guy. Dreesen was much more so. Plus look at games missed in the last three years for OD. Plus he's a bigger redzone threat. You'll miss him come mid season.

So to summarize, better blocker, better in space, stays healthy, better redzone threat, and better hands.
hmmm...
- Better blocker... no doubt in my mind!
- Better in space...? Not sure about that one. Never seen Dreessen operate much farther than 5-10 yds past the LoS. Never seen Dreessen get open deep between the safeties like O.D. can. ...so don't agree with this one.
- Stays healthy...? Yep.
- Better redzone threat...? The numbers say "yes". BUT... I think that's the play calling as much as his ability to get open. ...so this one is a yes
- Better hands...? I dunno 'bout that; never seen Dreessen have to make a tough catch; at least not of the OMG! types like we've seen Casey make. I have seen O.D. make those in the past. Unfortunately, the last memory of O.D. we have is that drop in last Saturday's 'Frisco game. I thought he should have had that, but I ain't sure Dreessen would have caught it either. ...so I'm going "no" on this one.

The main thing I miss from Dreessen is the blocking. He was almost as good a run blocker as Winston, IMHO.