View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012   #5
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 35195 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texas Longhorns Football - 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
Then again, it looks as if the Longhorns offense may be primarily orchestrated around the running game this year.

It has been a while, but for those who remember, three yards and a cloud of dust is what Texas has been primarily famous for on the offensive side of the ball. Think Earl Campbell, Ricky Williams and all of the other excellent RB's that have come out of Texas over the years.

This year, the Longhorns have at least two NFL quality backs in Malcom Brown and Jonathan Gray, and a third in Joe Bergeron who could be as well. If the Texas offensive line does their part, this should be a three back running attack that should be something to behold.
I think UT is trying to go the route of becoming an SEC style team:smothering Defense and prolific running game. I liked what I saw out of the D last year and I think the running game has a chance to be one of the best in the country. I think the D can certainly be top 5 if not top 10. The running game is potentially very dangerous and has 3 really good youngsters carrying the rock. This will be a return to the days of Ricki and Priest establishing the tone rather than Vince or Colt.

My prediction is the D and running game will propel the team to a top 10 finish. The team won 11+ games with Chris Simms as a QB: surely Ash and/or Case are not significantly worse than Simms.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote