View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012   #147
Goldensilence
Is this Sparta?

Rep Power: 9088 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kevin Walter can go sit on the bench..

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I think I agree with this, and the reason why: AJ is so freaking amazing...a head coach is going to roll with that and utilize guys like Walter behind AJ. Plus, the TE options increase/enhance AJ's production value.

I give props to Kubiak for going after two WRs in this past draft, and I think he nailed the Keshawn Martin pick. He's going to be the next big thing here, IMO.
I just have a hard time giving Gary "props" on going after WRs this draft. It's just like the lack of production for years at safety that was killing this defense. He doesn't make a change until it is glaringly evident something has to be done to shore up the position(s). Difference is AJ (at least when healthy) has covered for the lack of anything beyond the spot and the offense has been varied enough to cover up for the lack of production at the position.

Posey is starting to look like JJ 2.0; another project who we all have to hope will work out and will have a fairly high round draft pick investment to keep him around.

However, as I criticize, I do have to give Kubiak/Smith credit for Martin and picking Jean as an UDFA. Both looks like gamers in PS at least.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote