View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012   #4
Goldensilence
Is this Sparta?

Rep Power: 9088 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texas Longhorns Football - 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
The AP preseason poll has Texas ranked #15 to start the season:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings

Also ranked among the Big 12 are:

04 - Oklahoma
11 - West Virginia
19 - Oklahoma State
20 - TCU
22 - Kansas State

As a result, 6 of 10 teams in the league will be ranked in the top 25 to start the year. This is shaping up to be a pretty tough conference.
I think a good argument could be made that the Big 12 last year was deeper as a whole than the SEC last year.

Far as the Longhorns as a whole, I agree it's likely same song second verse. The defense is going to carry this team again, and hopefully the offense will continue to grow under Harsin in his second year. It's really frustrating to see a LOT of good offensive pieces going to waste because lack of a quality QB.

If only they could somehow squish Ash and McCoy together you'd get a capable QB. I guess i subscribe to the idea if you have two QBs then you don't have a real solution at QB.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote