View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012   #7
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The 2012 "Rate My Draft" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Richardson can do it all. If he's healthy I bet he can touch the ball well over 300 times this year including 40-50 times catching.

Drafting a D/ST at that spot is really not much of a risk at all. I let people get all the big name defenses like the Texans and the Niners early and just grabbed a solid defense late(I was the second to last person to pick a defense). I don't have any ties to be forced to keep Seattle if they're doing poorly and i usually pick up 4 or 5 different defenses during the year during bye weeks and bad matchups.
I just waiver wire defenses and go by match-ups unless I grab a defense that gets hot. Last year my "Pick up defenses playing against the Colts" strategy worked pretty damn well about 12 of the 16 weeks of the football season. That 11th rounder in my league could've been one of Robert Meachem, Justin Blackmon, Ben Roethlisberger, Santonio Holmes, all kinds of guys that could possibly be a nice sleeper.

There will still be defenses and special teams units that will probably put up 140 - 160 points this year that did not get drafted.