View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012   #140
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kevin Walter can go sit on the bench..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
At the age of 30, Walter had recorded 193 catches (60, 53, 51, 39) in the last 4 years.
At the same age, McCaffrey had recorded 196 catches (39, 48, 65, 64).

Before that, Walter had his best year with 65 catches.
McCaffrey had 49 (He was with another team; that's why I used the stats from those 4 years.)

Furthermore, the make-up of teams change from year to year.
Go back and look at the time McCaffrey was with the Broncos and compare it with the time Walter spent with the Texans.

The Broncos rarely had a decent #3 and #4.
They seldom had a RB that was efficient catching passes out of the backfield.
(Also compare the number of attempts the QBs throw from year to year.)

All these factors added up to give McCaffrey more catches in the later year (after the age of 30).
He would spend 5 more years with the Broncos.
talk about manipulating stats... Did I ever say anything about McCaffery's age compared to Walter's? Nope. What I was doing was debunking the myth that Kubiak's system makes it impossible to have a "batman and robin" type duo at the WR position.

For three straight seasons (1998-2000) which covered the span of two championships the broncos had two 1,000 yard receivers. Here are the type of #s Smith and McCaffrey were able to have under Kubiak.

Rod Smith
1998- 1,222 rec yards
1999- 1,020 rec yards
2000- 1,602 rec yards

Ed McCaffrey
1998- 1,053 rec yards
1999- 1,018 rec yards
2000- 1,317 rec yards

That's three straight seasons that two WRs have had seasons unlike any season Walter has been able to have... and they did it on the same field.

P.S.

Will people stop the "Madden and fantasy football" crap. It has nothing to do with my opinion.

1. I don't play Madden... really don't play video games.
2. I have only played three seasons of FF and haven't played this last 2 seasons.

My opinion is strictly based on what I see other teams trotting out at #2. They actually have talent that eventually can grow to be their #1. Just look inside our own division. The Colts went from Harrison to Wayne and to Garcon. Look at the steelers, Chargers, Packers, and so on.

The fact that Walter is the best guy that we have ever had behind AJ just illustrates how poorly of a job we've done at developing talent behind him during his career and that's not even a knock on Walter.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote