View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012   #8
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AFC South .. that cake looks to be turning to mud

4. The Titans are going to be the worst team in the AFCS. Bad QB decisions, a Chris Johnson who sometimes doesn't appear to be there at all. Which brings up a question I have: Adderall is banned by the PED list in the NFL. I know that CJ has twitch problems. Is it possible that he's off the meds (those that are on the PED list) and that's causing him to have lapses in focus out on the field. He just doesn't look the same as he did in his first few seasons. Right??? Like, it's really noticeable. I wonder if he's had to drop the meds that could get him busted by the league?

3. Jags can spoil if Gabbert is truly delivered from his David Carr'ish ways. But I think he reverts or settles back into a skittish QB once the reg season begins and teams are really coming at him hardcore.

2. Colts look way better than they did last year, especially their confidence in terms of body language. Their pace is quick, Luck has given them hope, and yet I think the real issue is going to be this: How can Luck withstand a TRUE reg season schedule...getting hit in week 1 (playing a full game, btw!) then having to plan for the next opponent for week 2, getting hit in week 2, planning for week 3, etc., etc. That's going to be a grind, I don't care how good he is right now...that's going to test him.

1. Texans. The only thing(s) that can slow us down or challenge us: (1) Losing closely-contested games in brutal fashion via whatever way sucks the worst--One week it might be a missed field goal at end of game, another week it could be a bad turnover that gives the opponent the game...I just think there might not be the focus we had last year, which is die to (2) Over-confidence. Yes, that nasty and pesky expectation thing--It could hurt us if we lay an egg on opening day and let it rattle us. Anything is possible, and this worries me a lot. Lastly, (3) What if we squeak through our season and yet one of the other AFCS teams finds a way to have a better-than-expected season?!?!? That would suck big time. And it can happen.

Last year, we flew under the radar. This year, everyone is gunning for us. And if our divisional foes see a leak in the ship...they might ram right through us and sink us.

We need a lot of help, as all teams do. This is not nearly the cake walk season I thought it was going to be, either.