View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012   #136
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213938 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kevin Walter can go sit on the bench..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
He could have tried to squeeze it into Martin, but it probably wouldn't have been a completion. I doubt it would have been an INT, but it would have been a contested catch for sure. That safety was on him and watching Schaub the whole play, just waiting to pounce on the ball. On 3rd and 7 with only 4 rushers, it's tough to find an open man, but Schaub made the right call by waiting for someone to get open. A clean pocket made this happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Exactly what I saw after combining several different view.

Just a technical correction.
The "safety" you mentioned was the CB Brock #26.
The extra (third) safety was the one who bumped KMart before going out to the flat to cover OD.
The other two safeties, together with the SAM, formed a triangle around Walter in the middle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
The more I look at this, the more I think it's just excellent play design. Playing that kind of zone against that particular play is destined to fail, I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Look again , he also has a LBer #54 playing underneath him #26 is headed in his direction originally but turns tail to Matrin and recovers .... 4 dudes covering Walter.

It was that LBers lack of zone integrity that uncovered Jean.
There's one thing (IMHO) that really "sells" this play. Watch how, at the snap and for a sec or so after, Matt Schaub kinda stares down K.W. That makes the defense "lean" or favor the direction K.W. is going; left to right. By the time Jean wanders across the field from right to left, the defense is kinda caught peeking at K.W. and has no chance to cover Jean in time to prevent the TD.
Just my
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote