View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012   #130
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kevin Walter can go sit on the bench..

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
What a lot of us are trying to get you to understand is you're not going to get that as long as Kubiak is the coach. If AJ goes down, the #2 WR - whoever it is - is going to continue doing the exact same stuff they were doing. They are not going to step up and fill AJ's role. That is very simply the system that Kubiak runs. Whoever is listed as AJ's backup (Andre Davis, Jacoby Jones in the past, for example) is the one they expect to step up and fill that role. You don't have to agree with it or even like it, but if you don't come to accept it, you're just setting yourself up for disappointment. The #2 WR on this team will NOT be the guy that steps up and fills the role of AJ if he goes down.

As I said above, I want Jean in the #2 role, largely because I agree with you in terms of what I want from a #2 WR. I want that more traditional setup. Kubiak doesn't, apparently. He has come out and said it repeatedly.
It's not about just filling Andre's role and picking up all his responsibilities. You can have a receiver opposite Andre who has the ability to step up and put up #1 type production in his role and it really doesn't have anything to do with Kubaik, because Kubiak already had that type of duo in Rod Smith and McCaffery. This doesn't have anything to do with Kubiak's system, it has to do with the lack of talent we've had opposite Andre throughout his entire career.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote