View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012   #17
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Another terribly early 2013 Texans mock.

BB & DR O-line discussion leads to a couple certainties and a few questions regarding the outlook of the O-line in 2013 and how it relates to the draft. I'd really like to solidify the O-line but I can see it possibly changing alot in the 2013 as well. 2 certainties are that Brown will be at LT and Myers will be at Center. Questions, will Brooks improve enough to take one of the OG spots and will Newton improve enough to own the RT spot? I had thought of Brooks as Caldwells eventual replacement but BB's idea of him replacing the more expensive W. Smith at LG is a good one. It also makes financial sense, since cutting W. Smith and re-signing Caldwell would be cheaper than the reverse, I just can't see replacing both OG spots and RT in one year. Caldwells not great but he's not bad either and I think we can re-sign him alot cheaper than W. Smith. I agree with keeping Jones at backup interior O-line since I think he can play any of the 3 inside spots, though I would like to see him get some game time reps. for experience sake. Provided we let Butler walk and Newton is the future at RT then we'd only have to draft for depth at OT and possibly OG is S. Smith doesn't improve. Assuming we get a comp. pick in the 3rd then I'm guessing one of those 3rd round picks would be an OT.

BB hit the nail on the head when he said you've got to stay fluid with your outlook on the 2013 draft because the outlook is changing on the O-line and I can forsee next offseason being even bloodier with all the salary cap cuts than this last offseason was.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote