View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012   #125
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kevin Walter can go sit on the bench..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
OMG!!!! KW didin't make a catch in PS!!!! PANIC BUTTON, PANIC BUTTON!!!!

Seriously, do you really think Kubiak is gonna start anyone else on opening weekend? KW only made the biggest reception in Texan's history' with the last second TD grab against Cinci, that secured our 1st ever playoff berth.

Yes that catch out does Billy Miller's TD grab against the Cowpie's way back in '02
OMG!!!! I don't remember anybody freaking out aboult his performance this PS! Or touching the panic button because of that. Plenty have people have talked about his diminishing productive over the last few seasons... REGULAR SEASONS.

And what the heck does one catch have to do with someone holding on to or being gauranteed a roster spot? So now Kevin Walter is rewarded a lifetime spot as a starter because he caught a ball on a simple slant? That catch doesn't gaurantee him anything. and I hate to break this to you, but that was not the biggest reception in Texans history. LOL it wasn't even the most impressive catch in that game. It was one of the most memorable plays in Texans history, but go ask David Tyree what that entitles you to.

Whether he starts week 1 or not isn't even the point.. the point is Houston can greatly upgrade at the position and whether that takes place week 1 or week 10 I'm rooting for one of these kids to suplant Walter.. and no, that doesn't mean that I'm looking for "fantasy football stats" from the position.. it means I want a #2 WR who can be a pinch #1 if we need him to be in case AJ goes down... Walter can still have a role on this team, it just shouldn't be as a #2 anymore.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote