View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012   #16
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146271 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Another terribly early 2013 Texans mock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Myers isn't going anywhere until at least 2014. His new contract makes sure that he will be on the team the next two years, and starting. His guaranteed money will be paid out at the end of year two, but he will still have a 2 million signing bonus cap hit for the last two years of his deal. If anything, we should be hoping for Jones or Brooks to replace Wade Smith, who only had 750k guaranteed in signing bonus to worry about next year. We could save his 3 million in salary.
2013 Myer's cap should be $5.5m & 2014 $7m. If cut, his remaining guarantee is $3.5m + accelerated bonus for 3years would be $6m or a $9.5m cap hit which I agree would be high. So I agree 2014 would be first year to consider.

I have Brooks replacing Smith.