View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012   #15
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Another terribly early 2013 Texans mock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Just my view but after only two preseason games, I'm seeing Brown, Smith, Myers, Brooks and Newton by midseason. I think Kubes likes Newton at RT and he wants to send message to Butler who will be a FA to keep pushing Newton. Brooks could be a good RT but he has LG written all over him and I think he is Wade Smith's replacement. Jones has body style for OG but I'd rather keep him learning this difficult position behind Myers.

You can call me a terse crystal ball reader all you want but until salary cap loosens, we better start replacing higher dollar vets with younger, cheaper guys. I think Jones can replace Myers in 2013 and an OG/RT like Matthews who could start day one is way to go. 2013: Brown, Brooks, Jones, Matthews and Newton locks the line for years.
Myers isn't going anywhere until at least 2014. His new contract makes sure that he will be on the team the next two years, and starting. His guaranteed money will be paid out at the end of year two, but he will still have a 2 million signing bonus cap hit for the last two years of his deal. If anything, we should be hoping for Jones or Brooks to replace Wade Smith, who only had 750k guaranteed in signing bonus to worry about next year. We could save his 3 million in salary.