View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012   #88
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kevin Walter can go sit on the bench..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
The play is designed to exploit zone coverage.. the receiver who plays that position sucks up the coverage leaving a hole for the other receiver who's running underneath.. I know this because the same damn thing happened against the Bengals.. the only difference was Walter was the one who ran LeStar Jean's route and he was the one who came open. That illustrates the quality of the play and not necessarily the receivers running it.
I'm not saying anything about the quality of the receiver here.

All I'm saying is that Walter was covered by 3 guys.
And when that happens, the QB would never throw the ball to you.

I'm not saying that it happens all the time either.

But there are several factors combined to explain why his production was reduced.

It was not because he can no longer get open.
It was not because he dropped too many balls.

There's no diminishing in his level of play is the point I'm making.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote