View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012   #86
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98311 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kevin Walter can go sit on the bench..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
It doesn't matter.

The fact remains that the defense call was designed to at least double-team the receicer that runs the post route.

And as I had stated in the game day thread, Walter was also double-teamed on the play where OD was called for false start when Schaub was about to go long to AJ on the right side line.

I don't have time to really key in on Walter on every play yet.
But more or less it's about the same as usual, just another blue-collar day for KDub.
The play is designed to exploit zone coverage.. the receiver who plays that position sucks up the coverage leaving a hole for the other receiver who's running underneath.. I know this because the same damn thing happened against the Bengals.. the only difference was Walter was the one who ran LeStar Jean's route and he was the one who came open. That illustrates the quality of the play and not necessarily the receivers running it.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote