View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012   #59
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kevin Walter can go sit on the bench..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I don't think that Walter is that good in general. Never really have, but Jean has done nothing in the NFL yet. Having a strong pre season game is not a reason to make him an automatic starter. Let's see him wrecking shop in regular season and then we'll talk. Jacoby Jones looked like the 2nd coming of Desean Jackson when he played in pre season.

Walter's presence is not one that does a thing to worry opposing defensive coordinators. I just laugh at the notion that Jean is this star in the making after one game where he looked great in the pre season. Pre season warriors appear on teams every year. Hopefully Jean can become a regular season warrior, but we'll wait and see what happens, before letting him take people's positions after one pre season game.
Not to pick nits but...it's been two PS games now. Three if you count last year. He had two for fifty in the first game. One where he was defended pretty well. In two games he's had six receptions for 92 yards and averaged over 15 yards a catch. That's not too shabby.

Granted, it's only PS but that's what it's for. Evaluation. So far it seems as the folks that do the evaluating like what they see.

I, much like you and every other fan, hope to see Jean carry this production into the season. If he does then we can forget the Jacoby Jones comparisons. If not then the comparisons will have been valid.

Personally I think we're watching a receiver come into his own. On top of that he seems to be somewhat humble and I'll take that over Diva any day. (That's just my observation and not relevant to your post)

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote