View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012   #56
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31247 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kevin Walter can go sit on the bench..

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Medic01 View Post
Exactly. Lets examine why some want to keep Walter.

1. He can block. Well I saw KeyMart make a great downfield block Andre can definitely block and I honestly do not know about Jean.

2. He is a decoy. Well umm couldn't I just run a little slant route and they would have to cover me because I can actually catch if I am wide open. If I can do it I think KeyMart and Jean can as well.

3. He can move the chains on third down. I saw Jean do it twice Andre can do it very cnsistantly as can Foster and Daniels.

There is just nothing he does that our other offensive weapons can.
He caught the TD that put us into the playoffs for the 1st time in franchise history. That is something that no other receiver on the roster has done. Would AJ make that catch? 99% sure, but AJ was injured.

You're banking on a healthy AJ for an entire season. My gut tells me that may not be the case given his injury history over the last couple of seasons. So, you'd like to go into the season with 1 veteran receiver that has a good chance of getting injured? I don't think that's a smart call at all.