Thread: Keeper Advice
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012   #9
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keeper Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
We do 2 rounds higher from where the player was drafted - so you can't keep the same guy year after year. For the scoring in my league, 2nd round if kind of high for a WR....
It is high, especially on a team that has a #1 WR established. Julio should have a great year, probably 1000-1200 yards and 6-9 TDs, but that can be found in rounds 3-5 also, he just happens to be hyped up this year. I always go by the rule of never draft a WR in the first two rounds. WR is always a deep position, RB and QB are not, so I focus on those in the first two. TEs are a dime a dozen as well and can be gotten in the 5-7 rounds. Green in round 12 is just awesome, easily a 1000 yard guy in a pass-first offense. Great drafting there, but I honestly don't see him being that different from Julio. With one WR and RB spot filled, you can go after other starters early and make a great team.