View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012   #36
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Yeah, that's the thing. To the people who say Walter isn't getting open and isn't creating separation and therefore isn't getting targeted, I say .... maybe. But I think it's just as likely that he's being deliberately used in a way to get other players open.
I doubt that.

Whats more effective for creating opportunities for other receivers?

A guy that shows he is a constant threat and pulls coverage no matter where he goes?

Or a guy that rarely catches passes?

Give me the guy that is actually a consistent threat to catch passed.

Other guys run routes to get guys open too, but since kw hardly does anything else folks just focus on his blocking and his "decoy ability".

I didn't hear much about how great a decoy od was last year when he cleared out that room for Walter to make the game winning catch against cincy.

You know why?

Because OD actually catches passes so you don't have to cling to some small thing he does as justification for him starting.

Kw was given his contract when he was catching passes. When he stopped doing that as effectively he was asked to take a pay cut.

The guy is a good wr, but all this blocking and decoying he does is not nearly as significant as a wr that can consistently make plays catching the ball.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote