View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012   #14
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kevin Walter can go sit on the bench..

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
That said, If Matt throws a catchable ball in the first quarter to Walter in the end zone, I suspect tonight's conversation might have a slightly different tone to it.
For me it wouldn't be.. I'm sure if Jean would've ran the same route on the same play he would've been available to over throw as well. You see it's not about one random catch or even one random TD reception.. it's about the amount of targets or should I say the amount of times that you're targeted. It sure is funny how Jean and Martin get multiple passes thrown their way regardless who is the QB, but all Walter will get is his one lone token pass... maybe. That right there tells me he does not get open/seperation on a consistent basis.

I used to defend Walter with all the "but he's a good run blocker" crap as well, but after last season I was done with him. With Andre down and with his only real competition being a bipoler Jones the guy still couldn't get targeted consistently.. and I don't think it had anything to do with Schaub or T.J. After that it became deafening how greatly we needed to upgrade the #2 WR position.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 08-19-2012 at 03:24 AM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote