View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012   #3
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87002 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Jags Message Board- Crazy Stuff There

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Looks like the title is "Greatest RB in AFC South" Campbell never played in the AFC South, so I dont see this as them excluding him at all
Right, I know that he didn't play in the AFC South and shouldn't be in the poll. But if you read the thread I linked on the last page someone brought Earl Campbell up and then the Fred Taylor is better than Earl conversation begins. Such as:

Quote:
You're out of your mind.

Campbell had pretty much 3 outstanding years to start his career and then was already pretty much already on decline.

Taylor > Campbell.

Campbell didn't even reach 10,000 yards, one of the universal benchmark's for great RB. While, yeah, some other great RB also haven't reached that mark either, due to their career's cur short to major injury, i.e. Gale Sayers....LOL, Campbell's no Gale Sayers, and nor was he Fred Taylor. Campbell was a very Good RB, who flamed out after 3 studly years.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote