View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012   #86
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Absolutely, if you think Grimes is the better player. But I don't. I also don't know if I would release my veteran backup at this position because it is possible that we'll finish the season with Forsett, Grimes, & a player yet to be named as our only healthy RBs. You never know.

This early into the season, if I have to start making those decisions, ps eligibility will play a major role in my decision making.
Still doesn't make any sense to me. The better player should be on the roster.

We aren't discussing who we think is the better player right now. We are talking about the role practice squad eligibility plays on the decision making.

Makes no sense to me to cut a guy you think is better than the guy you keep simply because he's ps eligible.

If the late round draft pick o lineman, mondek, is better than who ever is in front of him would you like to see him cut too since he's ps eligible?

What about Lestar Jean? If he is better than Bryant Johnson would you like to see him cut since he has ps eligibility and bj is a vet?

I seriously don't get that line if thinking. Makes 0 sense to me.

PS eligibility should not be a part of the decision making process. Just keep the better player. Keep the guy you think will be more beneficial to your team.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote