View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012   #32
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Eli Manning: Iím not better than Peyton ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
That Cowboys team would be a strong team in history to argue with. I'll grant you that. But Aikman wasn't near the QB that Brady was especially that season. Irvin and Harper were not what Moss and Welker were. Emmit Smith trumps the running game though. Dallas had a better defense though.

Personally I'd put that 49ers team that blasted the Broncos out of the water 55-10 as the best argument for the best team other than that Patriots team. They had a really good defense with Roger Craig, Rice, Taylor, Rathman, and Lott. Joe Montana vs. Tom Brady!! That's a match up!
I think the Niners debate with the Cowboys is a better one but I am not disagreeing with you overall by much. I think both were better than the Patriots.

Irvin and Harper v. Moss and Welker is an interesting debate. Their roles were so different. Irvin and Harper were never going to have the numbers because Emmitt was on the team. Irvin was the big bodied clutch WR of his time. I have made the comparison before but AJ is a direct descendent of Irvin. Harper averaged 25 ypr one season - that's insane. Moss as the gold standard for deep threats has never averaged over 20 ypr.