View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012   #30
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Eli Manning: Iím not better than Peyton ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
The 18-0 Patriots is the best team of all time as far as I'm concerned. Everyone was ready and willing to crown them as that when they went into the Sb. I don't think that some miracle play and dropped INT that would have closed the game changes that. That team was superior to any other SB team I've ever seen or studied.
Wow. I'm not going to jump in on y'all's QB debate but greatest of all time? I already stated the Giants won on a fluke play but even if the Patriots had completed the perfect season I wouldn't consider them the best any more than I would Miami going undefeated. The competition level counts. For instance the Cowboys first two nineties wins against the Bills - a team which was setting milestones all over the place and was a four in a row SB participant. Has there been another four in a row team after the merger? Strength of win counts as well. To continue the contrast using the same example, the Patriots barely won two SB's on Viniteri's foot. The Cowboys destroyed the Bills. To get to those SB's they beat teams many considered the best teams in the league in San Francisco and Green Bay. Different era and all but I consider that a more dominant team.