View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012   #25
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The improbable improvement of Kareem Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I don't know about that...

Well, not from my perspective at least...

I thought Chris Meyers had talent since day one. I thought he fit what we needed out of the position to a T.

I think Kareem has just flat out gotten better. Maybe we can say the same thing about Meyers, bu tI think the improvement in Kareem is more dramatic...

JMO...
I belileve that's his point. 76 has been a supporter of Meyers from day one, way before we had one of the better OL in the league. Based on consistently doing what he was asked to do, 76 knew once the rest of the team matched Meyers level of consistency, we'd have a solid OL. Some people focused on Kris Jenkins tossing Meyers... 'duh, Jenkins tossed everybody.

Based on what the Texans said they were looking for when they drafted Kj, 76 has confirmed that everything they said was there. He played like a rookie on a team that had serious issues. He looked like a rookie.

But Kj consistently did his job. Once the safety play got better, once the LBs got better, once the pass rush got better, Kj "looked" a lot better. No doubt, that Kj has to get better, but it's no different for him than any other player in the league. If they are not getting better, they're getting replaced.

76 doesn't look at just the individual players, but how they fit in the concept to what the team is trying to do. Like your input in that other thread, where you pointed out that both tackles went for the DEs knees to get their hands down to facilitate a quick release... instead of getting on Butler for doing his job, you put the focus on Matt's decision making, which was the main issue in that particular play.

You & 76. If people would listen, we'd all improve our football intelligence.