View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012   #25
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 133036 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tips for a FF rookie needed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonTex View Post
Haha thanks guys ! I'll certainly take the advice to pick those who score regularly. I'm better off keeping it simple as I'm still quite green when it comes to the NFL.... Not sure my wife would let me spend 30 hours or so lol ..will have to see how much time I can spend ... Can't wait to get into my first season!
The biggest thing that I can tell you is to learn how to use the waiver wire and the free agent wire to improve your team all of the time. That is where FF is won in many cases. It's very seldom that a player has such a great draft that he can win a FF league or have the best team with a draft alone. Well not in any league where a bunch of vets are playing that know the ins and outs and if there are 14 members playing, than talent will be spread thin. 10 team leagues suck, because any dumbass can read a mock draft list and pick stars and get lucky. A 14 man league requires a lot more knowledge and research though.

1. DOn't pick your favorite players because you like them. Pick guys on great offenses that get a lot of touches.

2. Play your match ups from week to week depending on what defenses your guys are going up against.

3. Drafting a high end QB in many cases can carry your team to the post season. Brady, Rodgers, and Manning have done that many times for poor teams.

4. Handcuff your RB's.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote