View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012   #14
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The improbable improvement of Kareem Jackson

I still don't fully buy into his "progress" just based on one game in preseason vs. the Panthers. I won't get over-geeked about Andrew Luck vs. the Rams defense...so I also won't get silly over Kareem's game vs. the Panthers.

In year 1, he looked lost and completely overwhelmed by the jump in competition from his days in the SEC to now being in the NFL.

In year 2, he looked discouraged...sharing time with Jason Allen had to be a hit to his ego, especially with J Jo locking down the CB1 position and there's Kareem with a chaperone every Sunday.

Year 3? Maybe this is the year he figures (a) I'm not a rookie, and (b) I don't need a chaperone every Sunday. Maybe this is the year it all comes together for him. I hope so.

Because that Ball dude at CB2 scares the living **** out of me in ways I never knew existed.