View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012   #19
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Eli Manning: Iím not better than Peyton ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
If you say that about Romo, than you could just as equally say that about Schaub.

And I don't think that either one is a choker.
Romo has done more to choke away important games for the Cowboys than Schaub has for the Texans. There's a difference between the team not getting the job done and a player individually choking away opportunities that hurt the team. The fumbled snap in the Cowboys playoff loss is just one example. Even Warren Moon, who didn't win anything of note, didn't exactly choke away 35-3 or the following year vs. KC - the defense didn't hold up. You can argue that Moon didn't do enough, but he didn't go out and throw the game losing INT, like Romo has done. Schaub has a few chokes, a few clutch victories, and zero important games, so it doesn't matter. Romo has played on the big stage, and not well. Peyton has played on the big stage repeatedly, dating all the way back to college. And he hasn't done particularly well short of the one SB win. Eli has played on the big stage a couple times and he's been nails.

I have no dog in this hunt, TBH. Eli is not my guy, and I don't care one way or another about him. But Peyton Manning is the football equivalent of the Atlanta Braves.