View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012   #18
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tips for a FF rookie needed?

There are very few every down running backs anymore. The majority of the teams today either split carries like the Texans or has a thunder/lightning combination. If you can get a back that will carry the ball 275+ times, take him. I've had LT twice and I rode him to a first and a third place in my FFL.

Late in the draft, when things are starting to look thin on your draft board, take a flyer on an unknown or broken player. If the player doesn't work out, its no big deal, you can always get rid of him. A few years back I took a flyer on Kurt Warner and it paid off big. I had watched a Cardinals preseason game and knew Leinart was struggling. Warner had a couple of miserable seasons with the Giants and had just started with the Cards. Warner was capable of big numbers if he could get the starting job. Kurt got me a second place that year.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote