View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012   #3
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 86293 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Evaluate this draft

I liked Charles's ability and honestly I don't think Hillis is going to threaten Charles's carries much. If Cyrus Grey is the bomb then so be it.

I banked on one portion of my team being week and I figured TE would be it, I got caught in the no mans land of the top guys being gone. TE is a position that I usually watch the waiver wire on just in case there is a TE with a good match-up or whatnot in case my drafted guys tank.

Rivers did throw a lot of picks last year but meh, I got scared when other QB's started going before him (If I remember right I got Rvers after Roethlisburger and P. Manning went back to back) but I think Schaub being so late in the draft was decent.

A lot of times I don't even draft a defense because they can be match-up dependent moreso than the other positions on the roster but I figured the Steelers wouldn't be a bad defense to pick up that late (Texans defense went in round 10 which made me smile a little).

I just went through with an auction draft for my first time, this is what I came out with:

QB(2): Aaron Rodgers, Matt Schaub
RB(4): A. Peterson, Mojo, Redman, Stewart
WR(5): M. Austin, V. Jackson, Stevie Johnson (BUF), Torrey Smith (BAL), Britt
TE(2): Witten, Gonzales
K: Prater
DEF: Seattle

This one seems to have question marks at WR, however this is the same scoring as the previous league (No PPR), so I'm not as worried about it. I was surprised I was able to get Peterson, Jones-Drew and Rodgers without the rest of my team being crap but here we are.