View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012   #15
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 135090 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Excellent read from Seth Payne, former Texan turned journalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Another awesome read by Payne. His view of what the Wonderlic ahould be. Hysterically funny!

The 5 questions and answer options are great. lmao

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...5401--nfl.html
Awesomeness:
Quote:
5. You spend five years with the team that drafts you. You are loved by fans and you've laid down roots in the community. Your wife and children love it there. Unfortunately, when you enter free agency the team is barely under the salary cap and is unable to make a remotely competitive offer, so you sign elsewhere. How should you open up the press conference in your new city?

a) "It wasn't about the money." Act surprised and hurt when people don't believe you.
b) "The fans never appreciated me there." Act surprised and hurt when people take offense.
c) "I wanted to go to a team where they're committed to winning, unlike some places." Say it with a smirk and remember to act surprised and hurt when the previous city's writers "take it out of context."
d) "I had an incredible experience with [former team] and I wish them the best. " Be as gracious as possible, but don't act surprised or hurt when people are still angry.