View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012   #2
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Evaluate this draft

That's a good team with potential, but I'm not too high on JC this year. I know he had one good season and then was on IR last year, but the Chiefs have added two capable backs in Hillis and Cyrus Grey. I think JC is going to be stuck in a RB by committee situation and it's going to hurt his value. I also try to avoid Panthers RBs as they are streaky, a 5th/6th is too early to take a guy who you can't count on to start games. Redman is a good backup, and may be your best option week 1 with Mendenhall out.

In a non-ppr league, WRs aren't as important, so you did good getting Wallace in the 3rd as a guy who will put up lots of yards and TDs, but little receptions. Green's a good pick too, but watch out for the sophomore slump for him and Dalton. I'm also very concerned about the Bengal's run-game this year after they let Benson go. Defenses may not have to respect the run-game as much and will be able to dedicate safeties to Green. If Britt comes back from injury healthy then he should be a great option, and I would love to have him as a late rounder.

I'm not too high on Philip Rivers this year, it just seems like he declined a lot in 2011, and I'm not gonna take a risk on him. Of the Chargers WRs, I like Floyd the most though and the 8th round sounds about right for him. He has a big body and should be a good RZ target. Kmart as a sleeper is a good call with a last pick. I don't expect AJ to play the whole season, so you may get some good games out of him.

Your TEs are your weakness IMO, Hernandez is streaky and there are a lot of other receiving options in NE. If he's what ya got due to a run on TEs, that's fine, but I'm not buying the top 4 TE koolaide on him like some FF sites. Brandon Lloyd is going to steal a lot of receptions from the TEs this year (something Ocho Cinco couldn't do), and I believe the entire league is going to see a decline in passing yards. Last year was an aberration due to the lockout, and I think we will see a resurgence of defenses this year. OD is a good TE, we all know this, but the Texans have always been a TE by committee team, and I prefer to avoid those.

Steelers D in the second to last round is great. Most leagues I'm in people start picking DST's in the 7th round, and I love it because it always lets a RB or WR drop to me. Usually they take the big names like Jets, Ravens and Steelers. I guess you are in a more experienced group of players.