View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012   #217
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Plaxico Burress Rumored to be Considered by Texans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Im not looking for the guy to be a 1000 yard receiver.. Im looking for production (basically what he did past year) At 35 he can still do that. Im looking for a vet who can be a stop gap safety net. I would do back flips if he could do what he did last season.
Well chances are he is going to regress as he continues to age. I think it's more likely that Kevin Walter will get back to his 2010 numbers with a healthy Matt Schaub and his 2010 numbers look an awful lot like Plaxico's season last year, statistically speaking.

So why pay more money to bring in an old WR with a long history of being a locker room issue to put up the same stats as a guy who knows the system, is a good locker room guy, has great hands, and is a great blocker to boot. I'm not saying KW is an all world receiver, I just think he gets a bad rap on these boards and Plaxico is not as big an upgrade as you might suggest.

KW isn't going anywhere. AJ, Posey, and Martin certainly aren't going anywhere, and I wouldn't give up on Lestar for a one year Plaxico rental. Factor in that Holiday is making a push to make this team and there is just no room for Burress.