Thread: Hello there
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012   #8
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3605 LondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: Hello there

Thanks, appreciate for the welcome guys

The NFL has a thriving fan base nowadays. We have some really knowledgeable fans who have followed it religiously since it was first broadcast here in 1982 ...all throughout the 80s NFL attracted new fans. I remember watching it late into the early hours with my brother...I was just 6 or 7 at the time. Nowadays it's more than just a casual sport for many. - they view it as their favourite sport...and it's fast becoming mine! ...Many fans set up clubs and meet up for events...We have the international series game here once a year (possibly expanding to twice a year as we usually sell out a 80,000+ stadium) ...There's even talk of a UK team in years to come as the NFL seem to want a team in the UK ...I hope not tho as logistically speaking it would be a nightmare for teams. I get the impression that most UK fans don't want a permanent team in the Uk as they are already attached to a team in the states...for example, if come 2022 I am a die hard Texans fan I'm hardly going to give up my loyalty to them to a UK team....besides, it would mean 4 or 5 road games at a time in the states and teams from the West Coast flying here etc etc...so yes, the NFL is really doing well here...and growing...and long may that continue!
LondonTex is offline   Reply With Quote