View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012   #215
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Plaxico Burress Rumored to be Considered by Texans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
35 is not real old for a WR on a one year deal. Nobody is asking this guy to anchor a spot for 5 years.. just one. I guess when T.O. and Driver were pulling down 1,000 yard seasons at that age they were trash too huh.
Maybe you're right and Plaxico would be a good addition to the team (I disagree but that's your opinion). But to argue that 35 isn't old for a WR is just crazy. TO is an exception, Donald Driver was 34 when he had his last 1000 yard season, the next season he dropped down to 565 yards.

From 2001 to 2011 only 6 receivers have topped 1000 yards at age 35+

Jimmy Smith
Tim Brown
Rod Smith
Terrell Owens
Joey Galloway
Derrick Mason

http://www.footballnation.com/conten...o-old/15495/2/

Here is a brief list of some guys who haven't produced a 1000 yard season at age 35+

Marvin Harrison
Torry Holt
Hines Ward
Muhsin Mohammad
Chad Johnson
Laverneus Coles
Randy Moss
Joe Horn
Art Monk
Andre Reed
Steve Largent
Michael Irvin
Andre Rison

For every Jerry Rice or Cris Carter there are hundreds of guys whose careers fizzle out or their bodies give out on them long before they turn 35. Doesn't mean it's not possible just highly unlikely.