View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012   #55
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58272 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Holliday's chances at making the team

If you have a potential game changer returning kicks it is worth a roster spot. I know we're limited to 53 and that every man is important but if you have a guy with the potential to change the field position you have to keep him.

I'm not saying he is Hester or that he is anything special but you have to find out. If he is "that special" then you keep him. If he keeps a starter like Manning or (maybe starter like) Martin off of the field then he is the same as depth at that position. From what I saw the kid can flat out fly. The reality is you have 3 more games to figure that out. If he is special then you keep him, it could be the difference between starting at your own 20 and your own 30. That is a big difference. If you think of it in terms of touches...

How many touches is your 5th receiver going to get? You've got to figure that your KR/PR will get at least 8 touches a game, maybe more. If you have a special one you have to keep him. (Not saying he's special yet, but he well could be.)

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote