View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012   #53
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Holliday's chances at making the team

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I think we know we've got certain guys that can take over the return duties. Manning, Forsett, and Keshawn are all returners. Heck, even Demps and I think Keo have returning on their resume. I know they've been practicing returns with K-Mart.

They didn't put any of those guys out there to return because this is Trindon's shot. This is his chance to show what he can do at the specialized position he was drafted. To be able to make the team, he's got to be hands down better than all those other options to return the ball.

If he's not, if he's only a little better than those guys, then he doesn't make the team. So this is his shot.
This is the bottom line.

But as I stated above , not carrying a specialized return man allows them to keep depth at another position .... I really think this plays into Trycycle making the final 53. If someone just plays too well to get cut loose , it hurts his chances significantly especially considering how many other guy's can handle those return duties.

Keo did a solid job with PR's last season when he got the opportunity , no mistakes even if he wasnt a threat to take one the distance.

Demps had some KR duties during the Slaton experiment ... #20 had to be one of the worst I can recall at the position.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote