View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012   #39
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61321 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Holliday's chances at making the team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Not really. You're keeping a starting kick returner over a 3rd string WR, CB, or LB. Who is going to have more of an impact?

More likely losing a vet WR (Bryant Johnson). You could cut a Bryant Johnson now, and find another just like him (if not Johnson, himself) any week of the season. No biggie.

Can Holliday consistently field punts without muffing? Can he hold on to the ball after taking a big hit? Can he stay healthy? If the answer to these questions are "yes", Holliday can make the team. Roster space has little to do with the decision.
You're mostly right but roster space has a little more to do with the decision in this case because we do have a viable returner on the team in Manning if all goes to heck. We are as balanced of a team as we ever have been. Versatility has been a big Kubiak theme. Holliday's going to have to catch some passes or do some successful end rounds. I can't see him sticking if he can't do something else good.

Just a FWIW, I like Holliday a whole bunch. I hope he makes the team. I think he's a playmaker.