View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012   #204
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
The clincher for me is that the guys who had him and saw him all of last season, the Jets, let him walk.

That, IMHO, is a loud, clear, unarguable message. No team lets a valued piece of their offense walk. Especially one who is, by some accounts I've seen in this thread, was "productive" in the scoring zone and is willing to sign - again, if you believe the rumors - is willing to sign for league minimum.

And when you look at the Jets' depth chart at WR you see Santonio Holmes and a bunch of whodats. So if Burress is still "all that" why didn't the Jets re-sign him? ...especially at league min??
I'll never understand this logic.

You are basing your thoughts off of what the jets are doing?

The packers had Vonta leach before we did, but they let him go for nothing and we got him. Wade wasn't retained by his former team. Sean Cody wasn't retained by his former team. Bradie James wasn't retained by his former team. The bengals didn't think j Jo was worth what we paid him. The bears didn't think manning was worth what we paid him. Forsett was not retained by his former team. Moran Norris wasnt retained by his former team.

I'm not pro plaxico, but some of the takes in this thread are ridiculous.

Personally I wouldn't sign him because I dont think he's better than what we have anywhere besides the redone and if we're going to start throwing jump balls to a wr In The endzone id rather it be Aj.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote