View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012   #200
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
This is my last response I will give before I get to bed. Brandon Lloyd is one of the worst WRs in terms of this statistic, so nice choice of WR to use as a comparison. I would argue that Brandon Lloyd is HIGHLY overrated. He had one year in which he had gaudy statistics when he played for the gimmicky Broncos. He had 77 catches on 150 targets. That's not very efficient.

The point is that alot of guys can put up big numbers when they are thrown the ball that many times. Football is about efficiency, you don't get to throw the ball until you score. I will keep saying that until you finally get it, hopefully that is sometime this year.
I don't get your point.

Actually I don't understand the whole targets vs. Catches argument when it pertains to judging wr's. Actually it's a little silly

If we use that stat then Steve Johnson, Pierre garçon and Dwayne bowe are all about the same caliber of wr as Calvin Johnson.

Take it a step further and Andre and Kevin Walter are basically on the same level.

Targets and receptions has as much and in some cases more to do with the qb and style of offense being run as the receiver.

If a qb is not good and constantly forces the ball to a guy in bad coverage or overthrows a guy or throws a picks when he's trying to hit a guy am I supposed to believe that is a negative on the received because he was targeted and didn't get a reception? That's asinine.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote