View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012   #190
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Plaxico Burress Rumored to be Considered by Texans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
It doesn't make a difference if he is the top WR on the depth chart or not. What matters is efficiency. Every NFL offense is not run the same and the top WR on the depth chart is often not the top target on the team throughout a season. This cannot get any easier for you to understand. I have broken it down for you in several different ways, with several different sites all showing you the same thing.
Actually you haven't broken anything down... all you've done is make excuses for Kevin Walter which now includes that it's the offenses fault that he doesn't get more targets Funny how back in the late 90's I remember the same OC killing it with Ed McCaffrey and Rod Smith..

Quote:
The fact that you think that Plaxico is getting open more shows you are not watching or are not comprehending what you are watching. Plaxico did not get open nearly enough for the Jets and he was not resigned, accordingly. Where is his contract again? Why hasn't anyone picked him up if he is creating so many opportunities and getting open so often?
No the fact that you think that Plaxico is not getting open more shows that you are not comprehending your own stats. Here's a hint.. If a guy is targeted almost twice as much as another player... I think it's safe to assume that said player is getting open more.

Quote:
Where do you get off saying this?

39 catches vs 45 catches with less than 60% of the targets.

Common sense is needed.
Easy, I get off saying that because it's the truth. I don't really care if Walter catches ever pass thrown his way. When he's only averaging about two receptions per game he isn't getting it done and can seriously be upgraded. Last I checked we don't run a wish bone offense.

And here's how bad your stat argument is. According to you, Walter is a better player than Brandon Lloyd.. who like Burress was also in the 40 percentile of reception rates.

Look I like Kevin Walter and appreciate his run blocking... really do. But the fact is, he's not a very good #2 WR and can easily be upgraded. Last I checked he has WR listed next to his name and his main job is to get open and catch passes. If all we want him to do is run block then we might as well make Casey a WR, because I'm sure he can even get open more often.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote