View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012   #182
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Plaxico Burress Rumored to be Considered by Texans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Reading comprehension is needed.

I said Walter was the top WR.. as in the leader of his position group with Johnson out or banged up most of the year. The fact that he was only targeted 59 times under those circumstances is appauling and proves my point... the fact that burress was targeted as much as he was also proves my point. One player is getting open and creating opportunities to receive the ball and the other is not. So again.. it doesnt matter if Kevin caught 100% of the passes thrown his way.. he isnt creating enough opportunities and getting open enough.
It doesn't make a difference if he is the top WR on the depth chart or not. What matters is efficiency. Every NFL offense is not run the same and the top WR on the depth chart is often not the top target on the team throughout a season. This cannot get any easier for you to understand. I have broken it down for you in several different ways, with several different sites all showing you the same thing.

The fact that you think that Plaxico is getting open more shows you are not watching or are not comprehending what you are watching. Plaxico did not get open nearly enough for the Jets and he was not resigned, accordingly. Where is his contract again? Why hasn't anyone picked him up if he is creating so many opportunities and getting open so often?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
So again.. it doesnt matter if Kevin caught 100% of the passes thrown his way.. he isnt creating enough opportunities and getting open enough.
Where do you get off saying this?

39 catches vs 45 catches with less than 60% of the targets.

Common sense is needed.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote