View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012   #11
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5747 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Holliday's chances at making the team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
We kept Jacoby Jones on the roster for years, and he couldn't catch passes and couldn't return punts or kickoffs.
Not sure you can quote your self...but I was high on Jacoby when he first started returning...as soon as he got the ball, he was upfield. I think it was 2007 Week 3 against the Colts when he got blasted running up the sideline after a 74yd punt return in the middle of the 3rd quarter. He left the game for x rays and I believe he missed a game with an injured shoulder and then was nursing it over the next few games too. Something in my head always points back to that hit as the down turn in his return career. He was balls to the wall before that decleater, and then after that, he seemed to dance and go 75% on nearly every return. But then again, if I'm a starting WR, maybe he sand bagged a little so he wouldn't lose his WR job...or just continued shell shock from that hit. It could be the same thing for Holiday...JJ set our expectations in the 2007 preseason. I believe that after that blast against the Colts, his approach changed. Granted, he did have some nice returns, but nothing like what I think he could have been. Same could be said about Holiday, he's got all the potential, and we saw it in college, and then saw the muffs "possibly" from the hand injury last year and he didn't make the squad. Hopefully he can keep it up.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote