View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012   #25
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Holliday's chances at making the team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
It would really be nice to keep Holliday as purely a PR/KR guy but with only 53 roster spots it's hard to justify keeping a guy that can't do anything else. We'll see over the next few weeks if he can catch the ball and MAYBE we keep him as WR#6, if we carry that many. Hopefully he'll improve at WR. I agree it would be nice to allow Keshawn to concentrate on WR only. We'll see, but I'm not sure that Holliday as purely a PR/KR guy, is a luxury we can afford. I also fear the first time a 2nd or 3rd string LB opponent fighting for a roster spot on his team and trying to impress the coaches lays a massive hit on Trindon. I wonder if he'll get up.
This! ^^^

It will be very difficult, IMO, to keep Holliday as purely a KR/PR. Has anyone seen him take any reps at WR, and how has he looked? With our concerns at WR, I'd expect the Texans to keep 6 on the roster. AJ & Walter are for sure. Hard to see them not keep Jean, Martin, and Posey. That leaves Maehl, Johnson, and Holliday for that last 6th spot. Maehl is probably the best special teams player of the group, Johnson gives us experience we desperately need, and then there's Holliday. It'll be a tough battle.

With the moving up of the kickoff line, KRs are less important. IMO, in a regular season game, Holliday won't be taking alot of those kickoffs out of the end zone.

Personally, I'd like to see Martin get some reps as the returner. If Holliday is that much better, then I'm for keeping him... but that means cutting Johnson and Maehl, which I'm ok with.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote