View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012   #152
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 337617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Plaxico Burress Rumored to be Considered by Texans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I absolutely do. Remember, this GM didn't hire this HC. The HC hired the GM.

I think Kubiak takes more of a hands off attitude about having that power than most who have been given it but at the end of the day I think in a fight he wins.
I agree completely. Overall, I think it's a partnership between the HC, GM, and owner. But, I think both the owner and GM defer to Kubiak, who has the actual experiences as both a player and coach on Super Bowl teams at both levels.

All anyone has to do is look at our defensive coordinator history under Kubiak. Those were Kubiak hires with McNair's blessings and Rick Smith's job to obtain them. Even with Wade, deference was to Kubiak for approval, and with their long history together, it was a no brainer.

Look at our QB situation. With the exception of Carr, who was here for a year out of respect to McNair, the rest are all Kubiak's guys. That's one of his strengths as a coach, and we are better for it.

This is clearly Kubiak's team. He clearly answers directly to the owner, not a GM. I think looking at it as a partnership is key, though. This is not a power struggle in the FO, but more of a chain of command that everyone is in agreement with the same goal.

If Kubiak wanted Plaxico to be here, he'd be here. This is Kubiak's team, and specifically his offense.