View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012   #146
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72567 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Plaxico Burress Rumored to be Considered by Texans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
35 is really old for a WR in the NFL. And I would argue that using a prison sentence as a reason to go ahead and sign someone is not a good bargaining chip.

If he is so good why is he waiting for a call when even TO has gotten a deal?

JMO but I don't want any part of Plaxico and I think our passing game will be just fine without him.
No, 35 is not ancient or really old for a WR in the NFL, especially one who had 600 yards and 8 TDs in a limited role during his first season in a new system and playing with a crappy QB. There have been plenty of WRs who had productive seasons at that age and beyond it.

Also what are you talking about with the bargaining chips talk? You don't need a bargain chip to sign this guy.. he's going to sign for the vet min. The only reason why I brought that up was because he does have less wear than other 35 yo WRs. And let's be real here.. if the guy shot himself in the leg in any other city, he only would've gotten a ticket.

The fact that he's not signed yet doesn't mean anything either, because the fact is he WILL be on the field this season and when he is, I bet he's very productive. Also the fact that he's not signed right now is now a moot point.. The Cowboys have called him up now and are in talks with him. He's going to greatly help out there WR core.. especially in the red zone if they get him.

Oh well he could've helped us out and I'm not fine with our WR core.. It's 2010 all over again, except instead of the DB position it's the WR position. I don't like the fact that we're going to have to rely on multiple WRs who don't even have a NFL catch yet and the only other vet WR we have is Walter and Bryant Johnson doesn't count, because that guy is a ghost and a waste of a roster spot. Burress could've filled that spot and we would've actually gotten production from it. As long as B. Johnson is taking up a roster spot, I'm not fine with the receiving core. Hell Andre was out or banged up most of the year and B. Johnson couldn't even produce on a team that only had Walter and a inconsistent J.Jones in front of him. I like what I'm hearing about the rookies, but let's be real.. they're still going to be rookies.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote